Originally constructed in 1860, this footbridge crossing the narrow arm of the Lake known as Bank Rock Bay was designed by Calvert Vaux and built of white oak, hence its early name, Oak Bridge. One of the larger and more elegant of the Parks wooden bridges, it featured panels of decorative cast iron set in the railings. Created as one of the major entrance to the Ramble, it has become one of the most popular Park destinations for bird watchers.
October 31st, 2013
Viewed 2,340 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/24/2024 at 3:44 AM